Jul 12, 2020
Episode Title: “Positivity over Chaos” Interview with Lisa
Mustard, LMFT of “The Therapy Show”
Intro: Tracy Kenela is the founder of Lokahi Counseling and
Calming the Chaos Podcast. In this episode, Tracy interviews Lisa
Mustard, who is a Therapist in South Carolina, is also a Podcaster,
Pod-Course Developer, Activewear Brand Representative, Wife and
Mother. Lisa tells the audience about what she is doing in her
life, how she prevents burnout with all she is doing, and how she
keeps herself positive even though chaotic moments!
- How does a person who is trying to spread positivity and help
calm the chaos that sometimes happens throughout life?
- “Let’s get the facts before we let our irrational thoughts take
us down the path of anxiety.”
- Ask yourself, “Where’s the truth in all this?”
- Research and look for the information and educate yourself
- Ask yourself, “What are the odds, probabilities and
- Critically think on your own
- Try to stop watching the news
- Think about what you DO want to focus on, and how you will use
- Not necessarily producing
- Focusing on mindfulness and being present
- Each day is different: “I want to be mindful of what the needs
- Identify values and priorities: Lisa’s is Family Focused
- Re-aligning daily and hourly with your values
- Stop…take a deep breath, think critically and act
- Other tips to Calm the Chaos and Stay Positive (and avoid
- Saying “No” to things that don’t align with your end goals or
- Burnout can happen if you say “Yes” to things that your system
- Burnout can happen if you say “Yes” to things that don’t align
with your values
- Knowing when to help, refer, or give resources
- Saying “Yes” to things in your life that are fulfilling (when
you are a Parent)
- What helps you have fun and brings joy to your life (“what
fills YOUR cup?”)
- Listening to podcasts
- Listening to music I want to listen to (not stuff my kids want
to listen to)
- Body movement
- Getting good rest
- Hanging out with Husband – Quality Time and Standup Comedy
- Being consistent with doing the things
- Finding time to do these things
- How do you make the time to “fill your cup” and prevent burnout
when you are a Mom?
- Knowing how to say “No” to things that don’t serve you (and
- Setting the intention to say “Yes” to things that do serve you
(and increase energy)
- Getting creative about how to consistently do things in your
life that bring you joy!
- Validating that it’s difficult to get things done for yourself
when you have kids
- You just manage it as well as you can
- Getting support and resources for help!
- Any words of encouragement for Moms who have small
- Acknowledge your frustration
- Validate your emotions
- “This too shall pass”
- Talk yourself down from the chaos of your mind
- Encourage yourself through it: “I will get out of this some
- Work with kids within each age and stage
- Consider going to therapy!
- Visit Lisa’s website at lisamustard.com
- Join Lisa’s Facebook Group “The Talk Therapist’s Lounge”
- It’s time that we Therapists provide help beyond the therapy
- Lisa helps counselors help people! (So what comes around…goes
- Therapists can use “The Three Es” which are “Educate, Empower,
- It’s Easier than you think!
- Thank you so much Lisa for joining us on Calming the
Listen to Calming the Chaos!
Main podcast website: calmingthechaos.libsyn.com
iTunes and Apple Podcasts:
Visit Tracy’s Website at www.lokahicounseling.com
Tracy also created a mindfulness CD called “On This Day.” This
CD teaches you how to practice mindfulness in less than 10 minutes
throughout the day. Practicing mindfulness has been shown to reduce
stress and increase clear thinking in times of chaos.
You can purchase the CD on Amazon at http://bit.ly/onthisdaycd.
or in digital format at
Follow Calming the Chaos!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/tracy.kenela.94
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/CalmingTheC/
#positivity #burnout #counseling #anxiety #depression #beingamom
#mommyresources #bodymovement #fitness
Thanks for listening, and take care!