Dec 19, 2020
Episode Title: “We Learn Through Chaos”
Intro: In this episode, Tracy interviews Lisa Mustard, Licensed
Marriage and Family Therapist, Podcaster and Educator. Lisa talks
about how she developed Podcourses, which provide Continuing
Education Credits (CEUs) to Licensed Counselors that are
convenient, enjoyable and fun! We also talk about how Lisa calmed
her chaos as a wife, mother of two, and a successful podcaster
while developing and implementing her Podcourses. If you are a
therapist who wants an enjoyable way to earn CEUs… or… if you’d
like to develop your own Podcourses, Lisa’s interview will help you
begin your journey!
- Introduction to Lisa Mustard
- Therapist in the Military population led to burnout
- In addressing her burnout, she learned to work smarter….not
- Lisa Visualized a more effective way to educate therapists at
- The idea of Podcourses was born!
- Podcourses – What are they?
- It’s a podcast you listen to and get credit for listening
through a self-study quiz
- The information is free…and…if you want credits, you can
purchase a Podcourse
- Lisa’s group “The Talk Therapy Lounge” is at
- It’s about therapists who want to be on podcasts, or for
therapists who have podcasts and want therapist to provide
- Process – Before you go to the NBCC (National Board of
- State process – Most States require National Board of Certified
- Legal paperwork and business entity verification
- Create Learning Objectives: for a CEU podcast, 3-4 learning
- Contact Experts in their field
- Talk for 60 minutes and take notes on each course
- Create a self-study quiz and evaluation
- Certificate of completion
- Keep records
- Learning management system
- Send them a check
- Calming the Chaos while you wait for Approval
- It took so long!
- I have to create the content
- The red tape requirements
- The evaluations
- How will I market it?
- Platform – “LearnDash” or another platform?
- It will cost money!
- Should I be spending my energy on this?
- Will they accept me?
- Working with the IT professional
- Skills Learned along the way
- “The Headless Way” Interview with Richard Lang
- Meditation in the simplest way: Who we are at center
- Exercise: Who are we at center?
- When you point your finger at yourself…who are you
- What is presenting?
- Let things happen, and let things be!
- How to sign up for Podcourses
- Go onto Lisa’s website
- Listen to the Podcourse
- Take the quiz
- Get your certificate!
- Listen to Lisa’s Podcast! There are a variety of different
subjects, but I love that Lisa has brought attention to Eating
Disorders (which is my specialty area)
Contact Lisa Mustard:
Listen to Calming the Chaos!
Main podcast website: calmingthechaos.libsyn.com
Main iTunes and Apple Podcasts:
Visit Tracy’s Website at www.lokahicounseling.com
Email Tracy at email@example.com
Tracy also created a mindfulness CD called “On This Day.” This
CD teaches you how to practice mindfulness in less than 10 minutes
throughout the day. Practicing mindfulness has been shown to reduce
stress and increase clear thinking in times of chaos.
You can purchase the CD on Amazon at http://bit.ly/onthisdaycd.
or in digital format at
Follow Calming the Chaos!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/tracy.kenela.94
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/CalmingTheC/
Thanks for listening, and take care!